Playing the Game
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:04 am
- Don't be a jerk. Basically the standard, catch-all, 'being aggressive/antagonistic/needlessly rude is not acceptable' rule. This includes but is not limited to the use of derogatory language to your fellow players. We do not tolerate any racist, sexist, homophobic or similar terms being thrown around OOC.
- Keep IC and OOC separate. This means more than simply meta gaming. Metagaming is perfectly fine and even encouraged in some circumstances, as we strive towards what makes a cool story, not what simulates reality. If your character has a disagreement with another character, that's also totally cool! Conflict makes drama which is the heart of a good story; so long as it remains IC. Please do not take IC disagreements and allow them to spill over into bad-feeling between players. If your OOC enjoyment of the game is ruined by interaction with another player's character, just don't interact with that character IC. There's no reason to allow it to spill over into OOC drama. If you feel like they may be guilty of a violation of rule 1 - please bring it to the attention of staff.
- Keep Discussions Relevant. You'll notice on our discord that we have special sections for political talk, fandom talk and gaming talk. Please don't allow these discussions to dominate the general chatter area. Please note that we have no 'illegal activity' talk or 'erotic adult chat' sections. There are reasons for that.
- Don't Cheat We use a dice rolling system. This means that failure is sometimes possible. This in turn means that there's going to be a certain temptation for some players to try and cheat. Don't do that. If you're caught, you'll get an infraction. Second time you get a two week ban. Third time you get a permanent ban. If you accidentally edit a post and cause a dice roll to disappear or be rerolled, that's fine - own up to it, and your GM may allow you to reroll in a separate post or may rule that it is a failure if this is part of a pattern.
- Alt Accounts Please first create an Out of Character Writer account. Once you have created this account and are ready to submit your first character, please create a second account for this character and link it to your OOC account using the User Control Panel. You can have any number of alts. You must wait at least 2 weeks between applications. You may only have 1 level 1 alt at a time.
- Evil Characters We love evil characters ... in our games around a table, where everyone can sign up to the same rules of engagement and all expectations can be laid out within the social contract of that environment. Online, it never tends to work out. Characters here are expected to be Good or Neutral sorts who are out to actually engage in adventure and work cooperatively with the other PCs. You don't have to be the nicest person in the world ever, but outright villainous and antagonist characters are disallowed, as are characters who will backstab their party members at the drop of a hat—no evil alignments, in short! You are certainly welcome to come up with plenty of evil NPCs to interact with in your adventures, however, so don't think villainy of any kind is disallowed here.
- We are an English Language site. All applications and threads must be written in English (though we don't care if you use American, British, or any other variation for spelling purposes.)